Exercise Ball Workouts 10 Years Later

>> Wednesday, December 2, 2009


Let me start by saying that I am no fitness or health expert. I am an ordinary, soon to be 42 year old woman, who over the years has tried many different exercise routines, machines and what I call gadgets. Some of these I’ve liked and some I haven’t. 

When my daughter was four years old she referenced a Jell-O commercial jingle while poking at my arms and stomach. It was then, that the reality of all those articles I had read in the past about losing muscle mass as we get older was true. After this incident I was on a mission to become toned and fit. In the past 15 years I have come up with a few favorite exercise routines. I own and like an elliptical trainer and treadmill but, for toning and strengthening exercises the exercise ball is my favorite.

I purchased an exercise ball almost ten years ago and still use it today. I continue to find and try different exercises, stretches, routines and workouts using exercise balls. I have tried the bender ball and a bosu ball, but still like my exercise ball the best. I have incorporated hand weights, resistance bands, medicine balls, and most recently a Pilate’s circle. For me doing an ordinary exercise such as ab crunches or a push up on an exercise ball makes the exercise more challenging. I can add a medicine ball to those ab crunches and I’m now getting some variety and arm work in with that basic abs move. No matter what reason I decide to use my exercise ball for, the fact that I have gotten results from using it over the last 10 years is what has kept me motivated to continue to use it. Whether it's for an entire workout, a few quick core exercises, or just stretching, the exercise ball has helped me keep that wiggle and jiggle off me and in the Jello-O. 


0 comments:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP